These Soffritto Green Beans are the ones pictured alongside my Smothered Chicken recipe. A couple of you asked for the recipe, and here we are.
This is another super simple, cheap, and easy dish. If you’re looking for another recipe containing green beans check out my Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir Fry. It’s a complete meal, not just a side dish.
Soffritto Green Beans Ingredients
Feel free to jump to the full recipe, but here are useful notes about the ingredients you will need to make this Soffritto Green Beans recipe:
- Green beans: You might find them labled as french beans if you’re like me and prefer the already trimmed beans. Not that snipping the end off of them is that laborious or time consuming, but it’s one of those things I’m lazy about for no real reason.
- Trader Joe’s Italian Style Soffritto Seasoning Blend: A key component to this recipe. You can feel free to make your own or substitute another kind. Mind you I’m not talking about the sofrito seasoning you’d find in Puerto Rican and other island dishes. This is very different. It’s dry, for one.
- Olive oil: Regular or extra virgin. I like the gentle flavor it imparts. You can use a neutral oil if you like.
- Kosher salt: For salting the water, and for flavor. The Soffritto Seasonign has salt, but not enough to bring out the green beans’ flavor.
- Water, ice cubes: For boiling and blanching. If the water is cold enough you don’t need the ice.
How to Make Soffritto Green Beans
Full instructions are included in the recipe below, but here is a basic overview of what you’ll need to do, along with some important tidbits to help you make the most of this Soffritto Green Beans recipe:
- Prepare yourself. Place a large stockpot over high heat and fill it halfway with water. Add the kosher salt and let it come to a rolling boil. While you’re waiting, fill a bowl with cold water and add some ice cubes. Set that aside.
- Boil + Blanch. Once the water is boiling vigorously add the green beans. Boil for 4-5 minutes, until brightly colored green, then use a spider strainer to lift them from the boiling water, let the excess liquid drip off, and transfer directly to the ice bath. This will shock them, stopping the cooking process and preserving that bright green. Let them rest for a full minute, then drain them and set them aside.
- Flavor the oil. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and soffritto seasoning. Saute for about a minute, just until fragrant, then add the green beans. Stir to coat them in the seasoned oil.
- Saute the Soffritto Green Beans. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the green beans to the pan. Saute the green beans, stirring frequently, until they’re slightly wilted and some begin to char. Then, turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve hot. Dassit!Increase the heat to medium-high and add the green beans to the pan. Saute the green beans, stirring frequently, until they’re slightly wilted and some begin to char. Then, turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve hot. Dassit!
Obligatory Pin –Print