Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry is another meal-prep recipe I make often for my husband’s work lunches so nutrition information is included with this recipe. If you decide to swap any ingredients you will throw it off, so be mindful.
This Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry is absolutely delicious! It’s sweet and spicy – one of my favorite flavor combinations and it goes so well with rice, noodles, and even just on its own.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry Ingredients
Feel free to jump to the full recipe, but here are useful notes about the ingredients you will need to make this Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast: I don’t understand it when people say they are tire d
- Bell peppers, broccoli florets, green beans: There is just as much green as there is protein in this one! I use colorful bell peppers to liven it up a bit, and you can use whatever color you want.
- Sriracha, honey, soy sauce, mirin, water: Our sauce! You can add a bit of cornstarch too, if you’d like a thicker sauce. More on that in the ‘How to Make’ section below.
- Kosher salt, onion powder, turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin, black pepper: This is our seasoning mix for the chicken. Talk about flavorful. Talk about depth! It’s really good, is what I’m saying.
- Red pepper flakes: Optional, but it adds more heat, of course.
- Equipment: I made this in my 12″ Hexclad skillet. You can watch how it performs on my Instagram or TikTok.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry
Full instructions are included in the recipe below, but here is a basic overview of what you’ll need to do, along with some important tidbits to help you make the most of this Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry recipe:
- Prepare. Make the sauce, and the seasoning mix. In one bowl combine the kosher salt, onion powder, white pepper, turmeric, paprika, cumin, coriander, and black pepper and in another bowl whisk together the honey, sriracha, water, mirin, and soy sauce until well combined. Set them aside until you’re ready to use them.
- Marinate the chicken. We add one teaspon of oil and all of the seasoning blend directly to the chicken you’ve diced up,
- Steam the veggies.
- Start the sauce. To develop the flavors and thicken the sauce, we simmer it while we’re making everything else. If you’d like it even thicker, combine 2 tsp of cold water with 2 tsp of cornstarch and add it to the sauce about one minute before you remove it from the heat.
- Sear the chicken. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for about a minute or two. Add the chicken in a single layer, making sure not to crowd it. Set it aside with the steamed veggies.
- Saute the peppers. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and swirl it around. Add the bell peppers and stir them around, just until they start ot get some char. Then add everyhing else to the pan: the chicken, the broccoli, the green beans, and the sauce.
- Get to mixin’! Be gentle so you don’t bust up the broccoli too much, but mix everything thoroughly.
- FINISH HIM. Simmer it together for about 2 minutes (longer if you didn’t cook the chicken all the way through), and serve. Dassit!
Switch Up This Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry
You can make endless variations with this Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry recipe, so please feel free to customize yours to taste! For example, you could…
- Switch out the protein. Use steak, tofu, salmon, whatever!
- Use your favorite vegetables. You can make it similar to the Stir Fry Noodles I posted a few weeks ago, with pea pods, mushrooms, whatever!
- Chili-Garlic Sauce: Substitute it for the Sriracha for a slighly more savory and much more spicy sauce.
Obligatory Pins –