I really like this seasoning blend.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Trader Joe’s Italian Style Soffritto Seasoning Blend
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- water, for boiling
- Place a large stockpot over high heat and fill it halfway with water. Add the kosher salt and let it come to a rolling bowl. While you’re waiting, fill a bowl with cold water and add some ice cubes. Set that aside.
- Once the water is boiling vigorously add the green beans. Boil for 4-5 minutes, until brightly colored green, then use a spider strainer to lift them from the boiling water, let the excess liquid drip off, and transfer directly to the ice bath. This will shock them, stopping the cooking process and preserving that bright green. Let them rest for a full minute, then drain them and set them aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and soffritto seasoning. Saute for about a minute, just until fragrant, then add the green beans. Stir to coat them in the seasoned oil.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the green beans to the pan. Saute the green beans, stirring frequently, until they’re slightly wilted and some begin to char. Then, turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve hot. Dassit!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15