This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a little off the top to help me keep this website running. It doesn't cost you extra or affect my opinion.
I posted these Loaded Rice Krispies Treats on Instagram a couple of weeks back, and they’re even better than they look. They’re your usual Rice Krispies Treats but with crushed Golden Oreos, white chocolate chips, and colorful sprinkles mixed in, and a white chocolate drizzle over the top.
I feel like I ought to apologize for taking so long to post this recipe, but I mean… I don’t owe nobody nothin’ so I won’t.
I’ve gotten pretty good at making Rice Krispies Treats over the years (they’re my husband’s favorite snack) and here are two tips:
- Melt your butter and marshmallows over low heat. Low heat is important. Ever bit into a Rice Krispie Treat and it was drier than a mug? I promise you it was made by someone who tried to rush through an already quick process and now you’re suffering.
- When forming them in the pan, don’t press too hard. You only want to use enough pressure to get them to congeal and not much more. Pressing too hard will pack everything too tightly, and take them from chewy to tough.
The mix-ins in these Loaded Rice Krispies Treats can be swapped out for whatever you want. I’ve done regular Oreos, M&Ms, chopped up candy bars, cookie butter, and more. Sky’s the limit.
Check out a quick video of me making these and pulling them apart here. Looking for other desserts? Check out Dirty Pudding!Print
Loaded Rice Krispies Treats
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
Rice Krispies, Golden Oreos, white chocolate, sprinkles.
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows (divided)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 12 Golden Oreos (+ more for decorating)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (+ more for decorating)
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (+ more for decorating)
- 10 white chocolate melting wafers
- Melt butter over low heat, then stir in 6 cups of marshmallows. Stir until most marshmallows are melted, with a few still whole. Remove from heat.
- Fold in the cereal with a buttered spatula, then add the chocolate chips, extra cup of marshmallows, and crushed Oreos. When almost combined, add the sprinkles and mix again until evenly distributed.
- Gently spread across a buttered 9×13″ pan. Press extra crushed Oreos into the top, dot with extra chocolate chips and sprinkles. Then press everything down into the pan, not using more pressure than needed.
- Melt your chocolate wafers – microwave or stovetop, etc – then drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the treats with a spoon.
- Cool and cut with a buttered knife.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Tamara J.May 31, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Ohhhhhh my kids are gonna year these up! I’m going to get the ingredients now!
SueJuly 15, 2019 at 2:56 am
This is so dope !
I can’t wait to make a “edible” version ???
MaríaJuly 19, 2019 at 1:09 pm
That sounds amazing frfr
vivianaDecember 5, 2019 at 7:00 pm
ohhhhh I have to make an edible version of this !!!!! wow !!!
MaríaDecember 5, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Some folks on IG did that and they said they’re really good! Hope you love them.
Dirty Pudding • deepfriedhoneyMarch 31, 2020 at 7:44 pm
[…] you like Golden Oreos you might like my Loaded Rice Krispies Treats or the Golden Oreo Banana Pudding recipe in my second cookbook We Got Food At The House, and if you […]
The Best Ever Rice Krispies Treats • deepfriedhoneyMarch 20, 2021 at 4:02 pm
[…] went over this in my Loaded Rice Krispies Treats so I'm cutting and pasting them here and expanding a bit. These are incredibly simple to make, and […]