This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a little off the top to help me keep this website running. It doesn’t cost you extra or affect my opinion.
I think Dirty Pudding might the simplest, easiest recipe in my rotation. With the use of Cool Whip and instant pudding mix it comes together super fast, makes enough to feed a decent amount of people and is inexpensive to make which is always great.
It shouldn’t be unfamiliar if you’ve ever made any sort of no-bake cookies and cream dessert. Kids love making this in my experience and bonus: they can lick the bowl and utensils without the risk of food poisoning as with cake batter and cookie dough.
Dirty Pudding is my husband’s all-time favorite dessert, which is saying a lot because the man loves sugar. There’s a reason honey’s in the name of this here endeavor.
This recipe was given to me by my husband’s grandmother, and I haven’t changed a thing. She served it at the very first Thanksgiving I went to at her house (that’s when I found out it was his favorite).
Well, I’m lying: I’ve been making it ‘extra dirty’ recently by using a party pack of Double Stuf Oreos instead of the usual family pack of regular Oreos. This was by request, tho!
If you like Golden Oreos you might like my Loaded Rice Krispies Treats or the Golden Oreo Banana Pudding recipe in my second cookbook We Got Food At The House.
If you enjoy food visuals (like meeee) there are videos of me making this on Instagram and more photos too.Print
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
It tastes better than it sounds.
- 1 package Oreos (use any size package, any variety you want )
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding (use the small 3.4 ounce boxes, I use Jell-O brand)
- 1 package Cool Whip (12-ounce package, thawed )
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Place in the fridge while you prepare everything else.
- Crush your Oreos. I like a rough, uneven consistency so I put them in a bag and beat the shit out of it with a rolling pin or in a bowl and go at them with a potato masher. You can use a food processor, leave them whole, or chop them with a knife. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Your pudding should be ready because you bought instant, so pull that out now. Use a spatula to fold in your Cool Whip. Do this in small batches and be gentle. When the streaks are gone, fold in the cream cheese mixture the same way.
- How you present it is really up to you. You can see how I choose to do it on Instagram, by layering it like a parfait in a trifle dish. I also reserve some whole Oreos of decoration.
- Let it set in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Glorise RobersonMarch 11, 2020 at 11:29 pm
MaríaMarch 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Honey Bun Cake • deepfriedhoneyMarch 31, 2020 at 5:10 pm
[…] offered me some the first time I met her. I thought she’d created it, honestly, just like Dirty Pudding. When I posted it on Instagram a few weeks ago I was surprised to see so many folks comment that […]
Loaded Rice Krispies Treats • deepfriedhoneyApril 2, 2020 at 3:47 pm
[…] The mix-ins in these Loaded Rice Krispies Treats can be swapped out for whatever you want. I’ve done regular Oreos, M&Ms, chopped up candy bars, cookie butter, and more. Sky’s the limit. Check out a quick video of me making these and pulling them apart here. Looking for other desserts? Check out Dirty Pudding! […]
MistiqueApril 8, 2020 at 7:49 pm
I just stumbled upon your IG page and was immediately in a worm hole ? lol. I think I watched every video (Quarantine gives me a lot of time these days ??♀️) #NewFollower ??♀️ And you had me at “I like a rough, uneven consistency so I put them in a Ziploc bag and beat the shit out of it with a rolling pin.” ? Any-who, I’m headed to the store as we speak to grab a few things for a few of your dishes. I’m looking forward to my next cooking/ baking adventure ??? .
Thanks for the inspiration ✨?
MaríaSeptember 2, 2020 at 10:03 am
So I didn’t realize my spam filter was SO zealous and I’m just now going through my comments. I’m very late but I’m glad you found me!
The Best Ever Rice Krispies Treats • deepfriedhoneyMarch 20, 2021 at 4:19 pm
[…] been a while since I made Rice Krispies Treats! They're my husband's favorite right after Dirty Pudding, so when his birthday rolled around this year I thought about it and realized how long he's gone […]