Yes, another broccoli recipe! I like what I like, OK?? This one I’m calling Easy Roasted Broccoli and I make it about every other week: mostly for meal prep, but also because I just love broccoli and always want some on hand to nibble on.
I put this stuff on everything! I add it to pasta, on top of instant ramen, sneak it into wraps and even just warm up portions of it and eat it with sriracha, like chicken nuggets. Oh, if you missed it: check out my Cast-Iron Broccoli and Cheese recipe! It’s my favorite!
Easy Roasted Broccoli Ingredients
Feel free to jump to the full recipe, but here are useful notes about the ingredients you will need to make this Easy Roasted Broccoli recipe:
- Broccoli florets: You can use the stalks too, if you like. Cut them small and slice the super thick ones in half so they get nice and tender. I’m not a fan of them myself, so just Easy Roasted Broccoli florets for me.
- Soy sauce: I think soy sauce brings out the best in broccoli, adding a bit of depth and umami to it. I use low-sodium soy sauce usually, so I add Kosher salt, too.
- Chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt:
- Crispy habaneros: I found these at Trader Joes and I’m obsessed. I’m going to try making my own soon, we’ll see how that goes. If you don’t have or don’t want to use them, crushed red pepper flakes are great on this Easy Roasted Broccoli too!
- Canola oil: Vegetable or peanut oil work too. We’re roasting the broccoli at a high temperature, so we need an oil with a high smoke point.
How to Make Easy Roasted Broccoli
Full instructions are included in the recipe below, but here is a basic overview of what you’ll need to do, along with some important tidbits to help you make the most of this Easy Roasted Broccoli recipe:
- Prepare yourself. Preheat your oven to 425°F and make sure an oven rack is situated in the top half of the oven. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. We’re using hella broccoli for the Easy Roasted Broccoli, so make sure it’s at least a half sheet size.
- Toss everything together. I don’t want to wash extra dishes so I do this step directly on the baking sheet, but in a large bowl might be less messy. Drizzle the oil all over the broccoli, then the soy sauce. Next, sprinkle on the garlic powder, chili powder, kosher salt and habanero peppers. Use wooden spoons or your hands to mix everything together, so that each floret oiled and seasoned and the peppers are evenly distrubted throughout. After you’ve done that, spread the broccoli out into an even layer.
- Roast it. Pop the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove and stir the broccoli around. Place it back in the oven and continue roasting until slightly charred around the edges, and crisp-tender, about 10-15 more minutes. Dassit. Enjoy your Easy Roasted Broccoi!
What To Serve With Easy Roasted Broccoli
I’m really not sure what meal wouldn’t be set off Easy Roasted Broccoli recipe, but here are some recipes you might want to try pairing it with!
Obligatory Pinterest Graphic –