So I don’t really care what you do in your kitchen – it’s yours, not mine; have fun – but you should really try making your own Alfredo sauce!
In general, I think it’s debatable that everything tastes better made from scratch, but here’s one thing that definitely does – and it’s really easy!
One of my youngins loves cooking as much as I do, and this Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo was the first thing I taught her to make.
Below is a very simple recipe for it that I use as a foundation for other sauces like Cajun Alfredo, and Tomato Basil Alfredo.
Once you have this simple version mastered, switch it up and play around! Change out the proteins, add some vegetables and maybe some other cheeses. The world is your oyster and I don’t care what Twitter says, no one really gets tired of pasta alfredo.
Someone emailed me recently and said this recipe helped her master Fettuccine Alfredo for the first time after many failed attempts and that made my day.
Hopefully, you enjoy this Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken recipe.Print
Tender chicken and fettuccine tossed in a creamy white sauce.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian seasonings (divided)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to an even thickness)
- 16 oz dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (minced)
- Begin by preparing salted water to boil your noodles in. While the water heats, melt 6 tbsp of butter on medium-low heat, then add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Whisk in heavy cream and half of all listed seasonings. When warmed through, whisk in the Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat to just medium-low and continue to cook down, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- The water should be boiling by now, so while the alfredo sauce is cooking, prepare noodles according to package directions and start chicken.
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and season chicken thoroughly all over with the other half of the seasonings. Season to taste, of course.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet, along with olive oil. Coat the bottom, then add the chicken. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side. You may need to add more oil. When done, transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest.
- Combine the noodles and alfredo sauce, and sprinkle in parsley. After the chicken has rested for a few minutes, dice it into bite-sized pieces and stir into pasta. You’re done.
Why yes, I was listening to Domesticated Misandrist while I was cooking.