Tender chicken and fettuccine tossed in a creamy white sauce.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian seasonings (divided)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to an even thickness)
- 16 oz dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (minced)
- Begin by preparing salted water to boil your noodles in. While the water heats, melt 6 tbsp of butter on medium-low heat, then add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Whisk in heavy cream and half of all listed seasonings. When warmed through, whisk in the Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat to just medium-low and continue to cook down, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- The water should be boiling by now, so while the alfredo sauce is cooking, prepare noodles according to package directions and start chicken.
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and season chicken thoroughly all over with the other half of the seasonings. Season to taste, of course.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet, along with olive oil. Coat the bottom, then add the chicken. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side. You may need to add more oil. When done, transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest.
- Combine the noodles and alfredo sauce, and sprinkle in parsley. After the chicken has rested for a few minutes, dice it into bite-sized pieces and stir into pasta. You’re done.