I love corn! Creamed corn, cornbread, corn on the cob, fried corn: I am down with corn in many different applications, but I am alone. Nobody else in my house cares for corn and it’s very discouraging so I’m bringing one of my favorite recipes to the internet today because it deserves to be enjoyed by more than just me.
Oven-Roasted Corn Ingredients
Feel free to jump to the full recipe, but here are useful notes about the ingredients you will need to make this Oven-Roasted Corn recipe:
- Fresh Corn: It’s summer, there’s corn everywhere! Doesn’t matter if you buy it shucked or not, just buy whole ears of sweet corn. I went for unshucked as you can see above. There are a lot of tricks I’ve read for removing the silks as easily as possible but my method works just fine: cut off the top of the cob and peel away the husk, griping the silks too. Once you’ve pulled off as much as possible, rub the cob down with a wet kitchen towel (or paper towel) until the corn is free of silks.
- Butter: This is an occasion on which you’ll want to use the best quality butter you can. It’s front and center here and the flavor matters! I use salted butter, but you can opt for unsalted if you like.
- Granulated sugar: We’re only adding enough to bring out the Oven-Roasted Corn’s natural sweetness; not enough to make the butter taste like frosting or anything.
- Kosher salt: Also to bring out the corn’s natural sweetness! It’s true! Don’t argue with me. Yes, I use it and salted butter. I personally need it: your tastebuds are your own so you do you.
- Cayenne pepper: Not enough to make it hot or spicy, but it brings a sort of ‘zip’ to the corn, like a springboard for the sweetness.
- Black Pepper: You can crack it as fine or coarse as you want. I’ve also left it out of the compound butter and just cracked it over the corn cobs after roasting.
How to Make Oven-Roasted Corn
Full instructions are included in the recipe below, but here is a basic overview of what you’ll need to do, along with some important tidbits to help you make the most of this Oven-Roasted Corn recipe:
- Get ready. Preheat your oven to 400°F and place an oven rack in the center. Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Place your corn cobs on the foiled lined sheet and set them aside.
- Slather ’em up. In a small bowl mix together the butter, sugar, salt, and both types of pepper with a fork until thoroughly combined. Use a basting brush to apply half the compound butter all over each ear of corn.
- Roast. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn and continue roasting for 10-15 more minutes, until browned in spots and the kernels are plumped.
- Enjoy. After the Oven-Roasted Corn has finished cooking apply the remaining butter all over the corn and serve immediately. Dassit!
What To Serve With Oven-Roasted Corn
Let’s a build a meal from previous recipes that would go well with this Oven-Roasted Corn recipe!
Here are the Pinterest graphics!