These Simple Roasted Potatoes are so good! I pair them with pretty much anything, but on a whim last night I made a batch of them alongside my Simple Chicken and Gravy and HOLY DELICIOUS BATMAN!! I highly recommend giving that pairing a try; both recipes are ready in less than an hour and don’t call for many ingredients except seasoning, which you can adjust.
What You’ll Need to Make ‘Em
Feel free to jump to the full recipe, but here are useful notes about the ingredients you will need to make this Simple Roasted Potatoes recipe:
- Yukon gold potatoes: If you can’t find Yukon gold any potatoes listed as yellow should work as a substitute. Red potatoes will work, too. You want to use a waxy potato that won’t break apart as easily, rather than a starchy varietal like russet.
- Vegetable oil: I used avocado oil but any neutral-tasting oil with a high smoke point will work fine for this Simple Roasted Potatoes. The smoke point is important – using something like extra virgin olive oil might cause the exteriors to burn before the insides are cooked through.
- Kosher salt, granulated garlic, onion powder, dark chili powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano:
- Equipment: You’ll need a cutting board, a chef’s knife, a large mixing bowl, a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, a baking sheet, and a silicone mat to make these Simple Roasted Potatoes. Parchment paper will work if you don’t have a mat (but consider investing in a few! You’ll save money in the long run, and they’re better for our planet).
How to Make Simple Roasted Potatoes
Full instructions are included in the recipe below, but here is a basic overview of what you’ll need to do, along with some important tidbits to help you make the most of this Simple Roasted Potatoes recipe:
- Prepare for Simple Roasted Potatoes. Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set it aside. Add your potatoes to a large bowl along with all of the vegetable oil. Use a wooden spoon to stir the potatoes, ensuring each of them is coated in the oil evenly. Sprinkle all the seasonings over the top of the potatoes, and give them another thorough stir. You want to make sure each potato is seasoned liberally and evenly.
- Annnnddd Roast the Simple Roasted Potatoes! Pour the potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet, then spread them into a single layer. Make a bit of space between each potato, if you have the time and patience. Roast the potatoes in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove them, let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, and then serve. Dassit!
Obligatory Pinterest Graphic –