- 4 C cold cooked rice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 C broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 4 green onion stalks, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus more as needed
- Cook your rice the night before for best results. It needs to be completely chilled for best results.
- Steam your broccoli for 4 minutes, in the microwave or on the stove. It should be that bright green color.
- In a small mixing bowl, scramble 4 eggs with a pinch of salt until no streaks remain. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in some vegetable oil and let it heat up.
- Add your carrots and the minced yellow onion. Add a pinch of salt, then the ground ginger. Stir, allowing the carrots to soften and the onion to begin to brown.
- Toss in the broccoli.
- Remove the vegetables to a large bowl and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add more oil to the pan, then pour in your eggs. Scramble the eggs with a silicone spatula.
- When the eggs are done push them to the side and add half of the garlic butter. When it melts add the green onion stalks and toss everything together.
- Add the cooked rice and stir it together. Pour in your soy sauce, sesame oil, and stir well. Make sure the liquids are evenly distributed throughout the rice.
- Add your cooked veggies, the remaining garlic butter, the red pepper flakes, and the sesame seeds. Toss one more time.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and serve hot.