Mmmm steak and taters.
- 2 lbs filet mignon, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, separated and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 2 1/2 tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- In a large pot boil your potatoes along with one teaspoon of salt for 7-10 minutes, until just tender. Don’t overcook them or they’ll fall apart when you try to skewer them. Once cooked through drain the potatoes and let them rest in the colander while you work on everything else.
- In a mixing bowl season your pieces of steak with all of the steak seasoning and one and a half teaspoons of kosher salt. Try to make sure every side of every piece is well seasoned. Set the steak aside at room temperature.
- Grab one more bowl, a small one this time, and add the olive oil and remaining seasonings. Whisk them together into a marinade and set it aside.
- Thread the pieces of steak, red onion, and bell peppers along with the potatoes onto metal skewers. Make sure there is an equal amount of steak and potatoes on each skewer. Once the skewers are filled use a basting brush to apply the marinade you made in the previous step to the vegetables and potatoes. No need to baste the steak pieces.
- Place a grill pan over high heat and let it preheat for 2 minutes. Spray lightly with grill cooking spray and add the skewers in a single layer, keeping about 2 inches of space between them. For medium doneness cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning every couple of minutes or so to ensure all sides of the steak get charred.
- Serve with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce. Dassit!
- There are more detailed instructions in the post above the recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes