Potatoes, stewed in butter. Real country shit.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 C water
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tsp Accent, to taste*
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat and add your butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in the diced onion and let cook for about 4-5 minutes, until they are softened and starting to become translucent.
- Next, add the diced potatoes to the pan and stir them together with the onion. Try to get them all coated in butter if you can. Then, pour in the water.
- Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Let simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until all the potatoes are fork-tender. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed. Dassit!
*Kosher salt is a fine substitute.
*How much and how roughly you stir has a lot to do with the final texture of this one. Read the post above the recipe for details.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes