Just like mom used to microwave!
- 3–4 C broccoli florets
- 1/2 C medium Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 C extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/2 medium shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees F. In a small mixing bowl stir together the two kinds of cheddar, then portion about 1/4 of it out and set that aside with the parmesan for topping.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, then shallots. Stir and cook until the shallot begins to soften, then stir in the garlic. Reduce the heat to medium and stir until the garlic is fragrant and beginning to brown.
- Stir in the broccoli. Make sure it gets coated in the oil and tossed in the aromatics. Cook until it turns very bright green- about 4-5 minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper and kosher salt to the pan, then sprinkle in 3/4 of the grated cheddar cheese. Pour the heavy cream over everything. Stir until everything is well combined. Let cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with the remaining cheddar, then sprinkle on all of the parmesan. Crack black pepper over the top and place in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is browned and bubbling and the broccoli is crisp-tender.
ICYMI: Important recipe notes are always in the post above the recipe here on deepfriedhoney.com