Perfect for a Carolina Slaw Dog or Pulled Pork Sandwich! Or just an extra side.
- 1 head of cabbage, cut into large chunks
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1/4 C buttermilk
- 1/4 C whole milk
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Set up your food processor with a shredding disc attachment.
- Carefully and safely feed the carrot into the food processor, followed by the cabbage. Depending on how large your food processor is, you might need to empty the contents halfway through.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrot to a large mixing bowl, then add all of the remaining seasonings. Use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to mix everything together. It will take a few minutes: you want everything well combined. You shouldn’t see any streaks or sign of any single ingredient. Remove any large pieces of cabbage from the coleslaw as you go.
- Once it’s all mixed up together give it a taste and adjust for seasonings if needed. Cover the bowl and pop it in the fridge for at least 6 hours before serving. Give it a good stir before serving – all of the liquid will probably have gathered at the bottom so it’ll need to be redistributed.
- Read the post above the recipe for my tips and advice.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5