Don’t knock ’em ’til you try them!
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 4–5 slices bacon, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 lb Brussels sprouts, shaved thinly
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 C reserved pasta water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt, to taste
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add your bacon and saute until cooked through.
- At the same time prepare your pasta according to package directions – making sure to salt the water! Reserve at least a half cup of the pasta water before draining, as listed in the ingredients.
- Right when the bacon begins to crisp up stir in the butter and allow to melt completely.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts and red pepper flakes, flatten into an even layer and let cook undisturbed for about a minute.
- Stir in your drained pasta, making sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Add your pasta water and parmesan. Add more pasta water if you want a looser “sauce”.
- Taste and add the salt, and adjust the seasonings if needed. When you’re satisfied crack in the black pepper.
- Serve immediately!