It’s french toast coated in crushed cereal, and stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese.
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese (room temperature, divided)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar (divided)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (divided )
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 1 King’s Hawaiian Round Bread (you can use whatever kind you like )
- Begin by cutting the bread into two inch thick slices. Use the tip of the knife to cut a small pocket in the top center of each slice. Dig around in there a bit so it opens up, careful not to cut all the way to the sides or bottom. Set aside.
Dice your strawberries.
In a small bowl, mix the strawberry jam and 4 tbsp of cream cheese until well combined, then stir in diced strawberries. Set aside until ready to fill the bread.
Over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter with 1 tsp of oil in a large skillet.
Dip the bread into the milk bath, coating each side – do not soak – then roll in the cereal crumbs. Make sure to press the crumbs into the bread or sprinkle generously over it to coat well. Shake off excess, then transfer directly to the hot pan.
Cook on both sides until golden brown, for about 3 minutes each, then use tongs to hold the bread upright to brown the edges. Keep warm in a 300 oven between batches.
Serve by sifting powdered sugar over the top, and drizzling with the cream cheese glaze. Strawberries, whipped cream and cereal crumbs are great accompaniments.
You can use whatever kind of cereal you want.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast