Foolproof. Delicious as all get out.
- 1 C long grain parboiled rice
- 1 (10oz) can french onion soup
- 1 (10oz) can beef consommé
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, sliced thinly
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and spray an 8×8″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add your rice, seasoning and soup to the dish, then stir together.
- Arrange the pats of butter side by side over the surface of the rice; mine usually ends up in a 4×4 grid.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack.
- After 30 minutes remove the foil and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Dassit! Enjoy.
- Adapted from The Chunky Chef.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour