Spicy, creamy pasta. With skrimps.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint half-n-half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon REALLY HOT hot sauce (plus more, as desired)
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach (chopped roughly)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes (chopped)
- olive oil (as needed )
- freshly cracked black pepper (as needed)
- Dry shrimp with a paper towel, then season with half of sea salt and Italian seasoning. Add a small drizzle of olive oil, then all of the hot sauce and stir to coat.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and melt.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, then turn. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, then remove.
- Start on your pasta, according to package directions.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and melt. Add garlic, and stir until fragrant, then add spinach.
- After the spinach has wilted, pour in half-n-half and add remainder of seasonings. Stir together.
- Add the cream cheese in small pieces and stir to melt.
- Add the tomatoes, then shrimp and stir to combine. Taste it, and adjust seasonings as needed. When you’re satisfied, add the pasta.
- Stir together until well combined and finish with cracked black pepper. I add a few more drops of hot sauce before the last stir too, but that’s up to you.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian