Yes, it works on other cuts and chicken, too.
- 2 lbs skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 C Olive oil
- 1/4 C Soy sauce
- 1/4 C Blood orange juice
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Sazon
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Carolina Reaper powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, optional
- Whisk together all of the ingredients. Add your skirt steak to whatever container you’re using to marinate along with all of the marinade. Cover, expelling any excess air, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Pull them from the fridge to come to room temperature on the counter about 20 minutes before you’re ready to cook the steaks. Place a 12” cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and allow it to preheat for about 5 minutes until the pan is smoking.
- Add the skirt steak, one at a time – don’t crowd the pan, and press it into the surface of the pan to ensure a good sear. Let cook undisturbed for 6 minutes, then flip and continue cooking on the other side for 5-10 minutes, depending on how you like your steak cooked. Once satisfied remove it from the pan, and repeat the process with all remaining steaks.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing. We usually eat this steak over nachos or in tacos, but it’s delicious period so do what you like.
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes