Flavored with roasted garlic and fresh thyme.
- 6 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into evenly sized chunks
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme*
- 2 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1/4 C buttermilk, warm
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp roasted garlic
- 2 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, to taste
- Add your potatoes, roasted garlic, and thyme to the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth over the potatoes and stir everything together. Cook on high for 2-4 hours, stirring once every hour – turning off when the potatoes are fork tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through remove the thyme stems and add the buttermilk and butter. Use a potato masher to transform the chunks of potato into mashed potatoes; how chunky you leave them is up to you, just mash them enough to absorb the liquids.
- After the potatoes have been mashed, gently fold in the heavy cream and taste. Add the salt if needed, and finish the freshly cracked black pepper. Dassit!
*1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves will work if you don’t have fresh.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 3 hours 10 minutes