- 1lb chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C celery (2–3 ribs)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 C mayonnaise
- 1/3 C sweet salad cubes
- 1/3 C sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp pickled vidalia onions
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Start by mixing all of the dry seasonings except cayenne and black pepper together. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat, and set a medium saucepan on another burner.
- Season your chicken liberally on all sides and set it aside.
- Add your eggs to the saucepan, then add just enough water to cover them. Turn your burner on to medium high. You’re going to wait until the water’s at a rolling boil before you cover the pan with a lid and remove it from heat.
- While you’re waiting for the eggs to boil, drizzle the oil into your skillet and add the chicken in a single layer. Cover with a lid and allow it to cook until the sides are turning opaque, about 10 minutes.
- By this time the water should be boiling – place the lid on the pot and remove it from the burner as soon as the water is rolling. Leave it to sit for 12 minutes, then remove the eggs and place them in a bowl of cold water.
- Flip your chicken over and replace the lid. Allow it to cook until completely done. This will vary depending on the size and thickness of your breasts, but should be around 7-10 more minutes or so. Remove the chicken to a cutting board to cool and rest.
- Peel your eggs as you wait for the chicken to cool, then dice them.
- Chop your pickled onions and celery. Set them aside.
- Once your chicken has cooled enough for you to handle, chop it up into bite sized pieces. You can also shred your chicken if you prefer that texture in your salad (I like to use a hand mixer to do it).
- Add the chicken, eggs, celery, pickled onions, sweet relish, and salad cubes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in half of the mayo and mix well with a silicon spatula or wooden spoon. Add the rest of the mayo, the cayenne and black pepper. Stir again, making sure all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Enjoy!
- You can use thighs if you want.
- Using Duke’s mayonnaise and Mt. Olive Pickle Company’s relish and salad cubes is necessary in my house.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20