Perfect for your next burrito bowl!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeno, sliced thinly
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Fajita Spice Blend, as needed
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, to taste
- Add everything except the chicken – so the olive oil, lime juice, garlic cloves, jalapeno, salt, and Fajita Spice Blend – to a mixing bowl and whisk it together into a marinade.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and use your hands to work the marinade into the chicken. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook pull the chicken from the fridge and let it rest on the counter.
- After the chicken has come to room temperature, place a large frying pan over medium-high heat and allow it to preheat undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken to the hot pan in a single layer and let sear for 3 minutes. If you need to cook the chicken in batches, do that, but don’t crowd the pan.
- Flip the chicken and sear on the other side for 3-4 minutes. Continue cooking, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Dice the chicken up, and then you’re ready to serve it! Dassit!
- Read the post above the recipe for advice on suggestions and to ensure success!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes