One of my most delicious recipes, in my opinion.
- Position a rack in the center of your oven and turn the broiler on high.
- In a mixing bowl combine your shredded cheeses and set them aside.
- Grab a 12″ cast iron skillet – or another large oven-safe pan. Spread the refried beans along the bottom in a single layer, from edge to edge. Cover with a small sprinkling of shredded cheese.
- Top the beans and cheese with the chile queso, spreading it out into an even layer, completely covering the beans. Next, add on another small sprinkling of shredded cheese.
- Spoon your taco meat over the queso, spreading it evenly throughout the pan. Once all the meat is distributed, sprinkle on the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place the skillet under the broiler until the cheese on top has melted and started to brown and bubble: about 3 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle on the shredded lettuce in another even layer, followed by the pico de Gallo. Dollop on other toppings as you see fit. Eat immediately. Dassit!
- I wouldn’t eat this cold, but someone made it over the weekend and said they ate the leftovers right out of the fridge and loved it!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 5 minutes