- 3/4 C vermicelli
- 1 C long grain parboiled rice
- 2 C chicken broth
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil, as needed
- Place a nonstick saute pan or skillet with high sides over medium heat. Add the oil and two tablespoons of butter.
- Once the butter has melted, swirl it together with the oil and add the vermicelli. Toast the vermicelli for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Push the vermicelli to one side of the pan and add the remaining butter. Once melted, add the rice. Stir it together with the vermicelli and let toast, stirring once per minute until the rice is browned and smells a bit nutty.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the minced garlic, parsley, seasonings, and chicken broth. Stir everything together and bring it to a boil, then cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes undisturbed, until the rice, has absorbed all of the liquid. You can remove it from the heat at this point, or let cook for another couple of minutes without disturbing for a crispy bottom. Dassit!