It’s berry season here in North Carolina. The best time of the year!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Place a small saucepan with a lid over medium heat and let it preheat for a few minutes. Once the pan is warmed, add the butter. Let it melt, swirling it around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir together well, until the sugar has dissolved and coats the berries. Stir in the ground ginger and cover with a lid.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat. Use a spoon to skim off any foam that’s accumulated on the surface, then transfer the sauce to a container to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days. It can be served cool or reheated.
Read the post above the recipe for advice and tips.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5