I won’t say that it tastes “from scratch” but it’s pretty damn good!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and place a rack in the center and oil your baking dish(es) with baking spray or vegetable oil.
- Grab two large bowls. In one make the cake batter according to package directions, and in the other make the corn muffin batter (both boxes of it).
- Pour half of the cake batter into the bowl of corn muffin batter and use a silicone spatula to fold them together, gently. Fold in the remaining cake batter, then pour all of the batter into the greased baking vessel – or evenly between them if using more than one.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and there’s not much jiggle to it.
- Once the cornbread is done baking, rub the salted butter over the entire top of the surface. Dassit!
- If you’re unable to find this particular brand, refer to the “Cornbread Cake Ingredients” section of the above post for advice and alternatives. Of course, I recommend you always read the post above the recipe to get the most out of them but that’s up to you!
- I have no clue what the original source of this recipe is – and believe me I searched – but shout out to the now-defunct Cape Fear Mommies Group for sharing it with me!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30