- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 10 oz american cheese, cubed
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 (4oz) can hot green chiles
- 1/3 C pickled jalapeños, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp habanero powder, to taste
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- Add the cream cheese, american cheese, and heavy cream to a cold medium-sized saucepan.
- Turn on the heat to medium-low and cover. You want to allow the cheese to start melting on its own. After a few minutes go ahead and begin stirring occasionally.
- After all the cheese has melted and there are no more lumps of cream cheese (or as few lumps as you can get) stir in the chiles and jalapeños. Cover and simmer until bubbling around the edges.
- Add the habanero powder and taste. Add the salt if needed, adjusting to your tastes. Reduce the heat to its lowest setting and let simmer until you’re ready to serve it.
Adapted from La Colonial Tortilla Factory.