- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded or sliced thin
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 3 1/2 C broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 C aged parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- 1/8 cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix into a marinade and work into the chicken. Allow the chicken to marinate for half an hour, or up to overnight, in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to start making dinner, prepare the salted water to boil your noodles in and pull your chicken from the fridge to come to room temperature. While the water heats up, drizzle the remaining oil into a cast-iron skillet and let it heat until the oil is shimmering.
- Add the chicken in a single layer and let cook undisturbed for 7 minutes, then flip. Cook until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes more. When done, transfer the chicken to a cutting board and allow it to rest.
- In the same cast-iron skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat, then add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, then whisk in the heavy cream and all of the seasonings. When warmed through, whisk in the Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The water should be boiling by now, so while the alfredo sauce is cooking, add the pasta. Cook for 7 minutes, then add the broccoli. Cook together until the pasta is al dente, about 3-5 minutes more, then drain.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings as needed, then pour the finished sauce into the pot with the noodles and broccoli. Next, stir in the chicken. Dassit. You’re done!
Read the post above the recipe.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25